Pages

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Everey Writer Shoud Have a Dog

Every writer should have a dog.

Why? What does that mean? Having a dog is a lot of work. It's like having an exrra child in the house. It means taking care of it,

But it's so much more than that. A dog takes care of you.

  • My dog gets me out of the chair.
  • He reminds me that I need to take a break. I have to take him for walks several times a day, in any kind of weather.
  • I feel loved and appreciated.
  • I feel safe.
  • He is a role model when it comes to napping.
  • He comforts me when I'm sad. He does. He knows, and comes to make me feel better.
  • He reminds me to play and never says no.
  • It's a  loving friend on days when I sit all alone with my words and story-in-the-making.
  • He is an excellent friend and will take the time to listen, if I need to read my story out loud.
  • He never criticizes my writing, but loves me for who I am.


I recently read an article called 8 Ways That Dogs Are Good For Your Mind, Body, And Soul
This article will back me up.
Having a dog is good for you. My life would be so much emptier without Hector the Wheaten Terrier, my good and loving friend.

Here are a few photos to show some of Hectors important jobs:



Protecting visiting munchkins.


Chrcking out the neighborhood every few hours.


Serious napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment