Pages

Monday, February 3, 2014

A Good Monday

It's peaceful at the Duck and Cherry. I am working at home today. Hector, the Wheaten Terrier, and Bellie, Sean's visiting Border Terrier, are both fast asleep after having been fed and exercised. Poppy, the parakeet is downstairs listening to the radio. The rest of the family is at work.

I enjoy days like this. Even though my list is long and my shoulders tense from all the things I need to get done, it is my favorite kind of day. The person who initiated the saying Home is Where the Heart Is, was definitely talking about me. Sitting here in my Broom Closet with a view of the front yard, writing, answering emails, painting--is a good day for me, even though cleaning the Broom Closet is one of the things on my to-do list.

Today's water colors are a few teddy bears. Some of them hang on the wall in my Broom Closet.











2 comments: