Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Relaxation Anxiety

Pioneer testing for a project can be both happy and frustrating. I dutifully tried out one of my assignments which was to meditate and relax on the couch for ten minutes. What a failure I was at that. I told myself, "Let's get this over with." I checked the clock on the wall. Ten minutes. Not impossible.

I got cold. Had to cover myself with a blanket. Hector, the Wheaten Terrier, ran into the living room and started licking my ear. 
I kept looking at the wall clock, my mind racing with ideas for blogs and writing projects, my body not cooperating any more than my brain on this assignment. Creativity did not take the time off. I was supposed to listen to myself breathing and cut everything else out. Easier said than done.

I believe in the assignment. It's probably a great idea to recharge body and mind. Just another time. Another day. Maybe a day with less worries. But then again, maybe the time we really need a time-out is on difficult days. I really need to reprogram myself to not feel guilty for relaxing and recharging. I would probably cope better if I did.

Today's water color fairy has no problem sleeping, even though she has stolen someone's bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment