Pages

Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas makes my Heart glad

Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn't before! What if Christmas, he thought, doesn't come from a store. What if Christmas . . . perhaps . . . means a little bit more! 
Dr. Seuss

I bought Dr. Seuss books for my children when they were little. We read them time and again. Children books should be fun to read for the adults. After all, they have to read them a zillion times to their children.

He has many words of wisdom this Dr. Seuss. There's something to learn in his stories, a moral, an eye-opener to consider.

He is right about Christmas. It is definitely more than what comes from a store. And as the Grinch understands this and feels the spirit of Christmas, his heart grows three sizes.

We are now in the time of the season that the Norwegians call middle-of-Christmas. It's the time between Christmas and New Year's Eve. Scandinavians sing songs about Christmas lasting until Easter, but that's going a little bit too far.

I have listened to Christmas music the whole month of December. it has cheered me up, enlightened my spirit, and filled my mind with good feelings and encouragement.

I have many favorite Christmas songs, but thought I would choose one today that is especially dear to me.

Good King Wenceslas is a song about a good king who teaches his page the true meaning of Christmas by bringing him out to help a poor peasant on Christmas Eve. It's a beautiful story and touches my heart every time.

This season I have listened to these albums the most times:
Mormon Tabernacle Choir Spirit of the Season

Michael Buble Christmas

Jenny Oaks Baker Noel

Hilary Weeks Christmas Once Again

Beautiful, wonderful feeling of Christmas through music and stories. Makes my heart glad.

Photos from our Christmas.








No comments:

Post a Comment