Pages

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Be the Heroine in Your Life


Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim. Nora Ephron

This is a great statement, and an inspiration to me to try to do better and make my life a happy one.
I believe this is true no matter who, where, or what we are.
As a young busy mother I worked freelance for a couple of magazines, designing cross-sticth patterns and embroidering the finished product for styling and photography. Days (and nights) were long as I often started my work after I had put the little ones to bed for the night.
One cross-stitch pattern I designed said: "Supermom - I have no choice!" I never tried to sell this pattern, and it was no confession that I was really a Supermom, but in a way it inspired me to be a good mother for my children and do my best for them. After all, I chose to be a mother and they deserved a good one.
Now that my children have children, I see how this time we live in has wonderful mothers and fathers.
My grandchildren are lucky because their mothers and fathers are heroes and heroines - at least in my eyes.

You can be some one's hero or heroine! I does have to cost anything or even take a lot of time. Try smiling at someone and see what happens!

Photograph of Anya and her happy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment