Pages

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Kiss on a Stick


We have heard tales of monkeys and how they thrive from getting hugs. Even though I don't agree with Darwin, I must admit that people are the same. We need hugs!
I have seen how elderly people who live alone are happy just to shake someones hand, and if you give them a hug, they light up. Physical contact is important to the human race.
I tried to remedy this need one time I was really sick. Arnfinn did not want me anywhere close in fear of catching whatever I had. So I drew a kiss on a piece of paper and glued it on the point of a long stick and poked it towards him. I thought that giving him an imaginary kiss would help me feel better. He smiled, and I knew then that my plan had worked. He has the "bestest" smiling wrinkles and his smiles always makes me feel better, so I guess it worked.
Even if you're in a hurry, a smile, a hug, a kiss is certainly not a waste of time. In fact, it can make your day so much better.

Today's water color is called "Hønserypa", and shows a very interested rooster, looking at the cute little hen.

No comments:

Post a Comment