Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

A word means a lot


"When life gives you a lemon, make lemonade" translates into: "When the spring day is chilly and grey, sit inside and write fun words and drink hot chocolate!" Oh, wouldn't that work every time?
I love words. Words can do so much. Words are a gift we should protect and treat with respect and the utmost care.
Words can uplift, buoy up and encourage. Words can comfort, open up the imagination, provide knowledge and expand the way we think. It can also do all the opposite of all those things. That's why words should be treated with care out of respect for others, as well as out of respect for ourselves.

Yesterday I heard about someone who said: "I don't want you to tell me you love me, I want you to spend time with me." I must say I would prefer both. Someone who spends time with me AND says I love you! We all thrive on good words, encouraging and loving words, and constructive guidance.
Life is too short to spend on bad words. Vocabularies should be carefully designed to bring us through life as persons who care.

Today's water color is called "Hot Air balloons at Lindesnes Lighthouse".

No comments:

Post a Comment