Pages

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Sunday morning's gentle calm


Just come home to the Duck and Cherry after a Sunday morning walk with Hector. Only -7 celcius today, less than half as cold as yesterday. I tried on my new boots, warm and water repellent at the same time, bought at the shoe sale in town. I tend to buy hats, boots, coats and gloves as "walking-the-dog" apparel. I figured since I spend so much time outside walking the fluffy creature who lives with us, I need to be able to dress warmly and comfortably.
Today a squirrel ran across the road in front of us, super speedy and very cute. Before Hector figured out who or what that smell was, the squirrel was high up in a tree, looking down at us, feeling safe.
I love Sundays. It's a day different from the other days in a week. It is a day to calm down, put aside work and wordly thoughts and give more thought to faith, hope and God. It is a very wise God, who planned a day of rest every week. If not, we would probably seldom slow down.
Growing up my father played a lot of LP's on his stereo in the living room. He had built a case under the television for all his records. Sunday mornings I woke up to lovely music in the air, my mother in the kitchen making breakfast. I have tried the same with my own children. I often play classical music on Sunday mornings.
Today I am playing Sting's "If on a Winter's Night", a wonderful CD for mornings like today, when snow is falling silently and gently outside the window, and I am planning hot chocolate with whipped cream for our after church treat.

Today's water color is from 2003 and called "A House under every Bush"

No comments:

Post a Comment