Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Imagining what it tastes like


"Variety is the spice of life", I was told many years ago. That is true with many things.
My pleasure today is that I found my smell and taste, which were both temporarily misplaced senses the last few days. It is so boring to eat a piece of yummy licorice and not be able to tell if it was actually salami, sausage or licorice. I tasted nothing. It is also a problem not to be able to smell. There are certainly many things to miss out on if you cannot smell what's going on.

Good thing is I can now start to enjoy eating again. Yesterday I ate three cookies wihout tasting a thing. Linnea looked at me reminding me it was probably a waste of time eating something expensive, and full of calories, when I could not even enjoy it. "But I imagine what it is like," I said and chomped away.

Bad thing today is that now that I am starting to taste again,I am so excited I want to taste all kinds of things.
Colds are fortunately a passing thing.

The photograph today is of Linnea's "Huevos Rancheros", a treat I would love today that I can actually taste a little. Oh, well, maybe another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment