Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two - or rather three - front teeth


Drama, drama at The Duck and Cherry the days before the festive Christmas celebrations. First, I fell on the ice, hit the back of my head, causing a large lump and a concussion. Then Arnfinn was hit in the mouth with a racquet, while playing a fierce game of squash with his macho friends. Poor Arnfinn, he went around at Christmas time quoting the famous song: "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" They have served him well for over fifty years. Now he'll have 3 pretty new ones - and not have to worry about cavities. Well, there's always something to be grateful for, isnt there?
January in the Duck and Cherry garden shows a green lawn flanked by barren trees and berry bushes. Drifts of snow come and go, the weather is often "Sherlock Holmes", foggy and mysterious. Living on a small island will do that.

Today's water color hangs in Arnfinn's office. It is called "Arn", which is old norse for eagle. It fits him and his name.

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, did you paint the eagle, then? My goodness, I knew you were talented, but that is crazy talent. I'm so glad I know you.
    Jana Pawlowski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jana. Yes, I painted this for Arnfinn several years ago. It hangs in his office and is quite large for a water color.
    I'm so glad I know you too!

    ReplyDelete