Pages

Monday, November 21, 2011

Blessings of a good harvest!

I am thankful for Thanksgiving!
32 people showed up at The Duck and Cherry this year. We celebrated Thanksgiving on Saturday, as Norway has no tradition - or day off - on the fourth Thursday in November.
Our little living room was filled to the rim. I did not even know all the guests, but I love it when my children bring their friends over. Two turkeys, tons of potatoes, stuffing and more, along with 7 pies for dessert, proves a happy, gobbly celebration. Everybody sang along this year, and Andrea and Thomas and Co. stayed for a while after the other guests had left. Arnfinn and I were happy, tired hosts.

When you think about it, there is so much to be grateful for. We are a blessed people. I love the words to a hymn: Count your many blessings, name them one by one, and it will surprise you what the Lord has done.

Be surprised today! Count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment